Tuesday, August 16, 2016

August 15, 2016

Hey Mom!                                                                                           August 15, 2016

Yep, I got the pictures from Makayla's wedding (Michael's cousin). Hard to believe that chapter in life has come up already. Funny, the other elders were quick to jokingly critique on everyone's dress, much to the distress of the sisters present.

Other than that, it was a slow and incredibly painful week this past week. Weather was hot, not too many doors were opened, and more and less it took a while to get places. In honesty, the work has been dragging a lot the past transfer. But I can take comfort that the rest of the District is doing well. Relations with the other elders did make some improvement, minus a couple of very out-of-conduct scenes. Elder Summit is getting transferred to Stevenson to my good friend Elder Peterson. And I learned I shall be training a new missionary, that the other elders have already promised to corrupt.

Ohhhhh boy....

I'm looking forward to it. Still, prayer shall go a long way for this one. I'm starting to love a lot more than I have found myself. Recently I'm trying to see the other elders in a newer way than I have before. In the course of the transfer I found a seed of pride I had to uproot rather painfully the past week. I felt a little entitled to some form of consolation for obedience, and I recognize now that I should have done better. Will do better.

*sigh.......I don't know. I have high hopes for the next transfer, but in honesty the only form of satisfaction I'm feeling for the past transfer is in the overall success in the district. The sisters had one of their investigators put themselves on date! It was cool to hear about! And the overall work in Ellensburg and Cle Elum has been picking up, no doubt. I just hope this next transfer we can feel as well as know that our efforts are going for our benefit.

In terms of fun stories, walked about 5 miles down a country road this past week. Main highlight.

Love you Mom! Sorry to keep this one short, but time is short and other things have a habit of coming up in the day. I appreciate all the love you send us, both I and the other elders. We need it much.


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment