Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 18, 2016

Hey Dad!
That's some real great insight from Pres. Hunter. I've often found myself thinking about the definition of peace, and how we see it vs. how the world sees it. One of the biggest connections I've made is that it seems like worldly peace only lasts for so long, but the tranquility that comes through the spirit lasts for eternity. Heh, now I just realized that's one of the things we do out here, be peacemakers. Offering the only peace that lasts beyond death. 
I believe it was Harold B. Lee who said something along the lines on how the Gospel is the only thing that can unite men of all cultures and backgrounds together in harmony. Looking around the world, I see how that is so. Devout Latter Day Saints all over the world seem like the most unified of any organization on Earth. Treaties and whatnot eventually are locked up in some glass case, but the gospel is proclaimed for the rest of the Earth's life. That's the beautiful thing (one of the many) the gospel of Christ does; helps us look beyond flags and rather at family. I guess the thing to do now is to continue to preach it to all of God's children!
We had a lot of Member-present (MP/LTM) lessons this past week. As a matter of fact, all lessons taught were with a member present, so we are making good progress with using members more often! 
Yeah, it's definitely a little challenging taking over the area, you should know. Elder Vajner's only been out 4 and a half months, but we are making do anyhow! I feel like I'm back in Staff to a certain extent, every day there's a plan to be carried out and all that jazz. Feels good actually, being back in the scene. But still, I shouldn't worry too much. 
Anyway, thanks for the email! Yours are always the more spiritual ones that I get every week, and I always appreciate the insight/reminders you give. Thanks for all you did to teach and provide for me!
Love you,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment