Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

Hello Mom!

This week:
Goodbye Elder Beatty, slower days, a friend named Thomas, and good ole' lunch trips!

Funny to think about moving buildings to the stake center. You know it's also funny, I'm finding Yakima more and more home-feeling. It's a little hard to think about the differences between here and Vegas and then to think about my home in Vegas. I kind of feel like I'm at home here. And......that's where I stop talking. Don't worry, I still know where home truly is.

Still, we had a slow week this week. Contrasted the out-standingness of last week, Elder Beatty was down and out of it last Monday and Tuesday. But we got to work afterward, and although few, saw many blessings along the way. Elder Beatty is getting transferred down to Oregon, and I will be receiving a certain Elder Vaejner (pronounced Vainer) from Colorado. 

Yesterday at church we were talking to Bishop. The whole ward was really sad to hear that Beatty is leaving. So am I. We have accomplished so much together in the Randall Park ward, and the members have noticed this. But Bishop took a minute to come and talk to us about how grateful he is about what we have accomplished. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of nervous for this. Vaejner has been out not as long as me, so I'll be the senior. But I remember that this is the Lord's work and that I am perfectly capable of leading this. Besides, I got this. If there's one thing Staff is going to help me out with, along with the mission this far, it's leading this part of the area!

But we had the most people in church in a long time come yesterday! Including five Investigators. Three of them are set for baptism on 23rd January! Hooray!

Good experience though, during tracting this week we ran into this fellow by the name of Thomas. He asked us a question regarding the validity of certain aspects of the gospel. I didn't want this to descend into arguing, so I said a quick prayer in my head and started talking. I told him about how the Lord reveals his Gospel to the extent that his people will understand and obey it. He really liked that! We then got talking about how no one is greater than the other in God's perspective,  and that we all have a charge to be good Christians to everybody we meet! We really got to like Thomas. He wasn't interested in what we had to say, but I think both of us were really pleased that we built common ground on Christ Jesus our Lord. Why can't everyone else be like that!

Sorry, not too many other things happened this week. A less active family took us out to Red Robin for lunch, and that was great! But other than that, nothing else too much happened. Still, got to hear from you guys right? That's motivation in and of itself to continue on stronger than ever! Hoorah for Israel!

Anyway, please remember us in your prayers. I hope that Elder Vaejner and I get along well, but I guess that's all part of the journey. And right now I'm in the greatest part of that journey, with the greatest family ever backing me up!

Love you all!

Michael




No comments:

Post a Comment