Monday, February 13, 2017

February 13, 2017


Hey Mom!                                                                                           February 13, 2017



I guess God called Harley home. I was just about as shocked when I read that. Nuts. I'm going to miss that pup. Still, we shall see her again! I've come to know that in times like these it's important to always remember that the spirit lives forever. 



Well, at least Smokey's all right. I guess Harley will have to watch and wait with Bandit now. Life rolls on for us here in Moses Lake. The past week didn't see too much excitement as far as work goes. Just a lot of walking and a lot of water. The sun's been out for a glorious few days now and it's been causing a really sped-up melt for the winter. I'm really thankful for the boots that you sent me, they've probably already seen more action that we bargained for! Chances are in the next month or so I'll be shipping a lot of my winter gear home, which will be nice because that stuff takes up a lot of room as far as travelling goes. But you never know, with such little time left I feel like it wouldn't matter too much.



We had a cool experience with Jacob this past week! We had previously left him with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet that he actually read, and he had some real good questions about the Spirit World and the Kingdoms of Glory. We answered them, and he understood a little better. But when we went back to the beginning and taught him up to those points, everything clicked with him! He understood it even better than before! He saw how it's all centered around the Atonement, and how it's in our choice to choose what path we want to take. The coolest part was when we asked him if he would pray to know if it was true, he said that if he already knew the Book of Mormon was true, than the Plan of Salvation would be as well! He also said that he wants to take Natalia to the temple to be sealed when he can, and I don't think I've ever taught anyone with that much incentive before!



We thought it was awesome for him to see how the Spirit has testified of that truth of the Book of Mormon to him. Everything that we do out here and in the church all hangs on the Book of Mormon, and I've come to know now more than ever that it is a true book. All you need to do is just choose to read it with a real desire to know more about who we are as God's children!



It is cool to know that we will be with our loved ones again. The Plan of Salvation makes it possible for all of us to be with our loved ones again. And I find it incredible that the same knowledge is also taught to those who never had the chance to hear of it in this life, or embrace it more fully. Life can be fragile, but the bonds of eternity are truly unbreakable. I can't wait to meet Great uncle Josair someday!



I'm very glad to have you as my mother, dear mom. You've given me such a beautiful view on life and about the importance of keeping God first, I don't really know what I'd do without you. So many people out here don't have that same priority, and while it's an honor and privilege to teach them, sometimes I just wish that the world would have as awesome Moms as you. If we did, then the world would probably glow from the spirit that came. But you know, one day it will be like that, when the Savior comes again. I'm so thankful for Christ's Atonement in my life. I've done a lot of really dumb things in life sometimes, and everyday I stand in awe that He's never left me during any of that time.



It's interesting to see how we all play a part in each other's lives in some way or another. And in the end I know that we'll all be together again, and that no one who departs early wants to look down and see us fail in the process. I love you all and hope that you guys do a great job continuing to be such an awesome family to me and to the others your guys's light will inevitably touch! 



Church is true! Love you too!

Michael 


No comments:

Post a Comment