Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 30, 2016

Hey Mom!                                                                                           June 30, 2016

Well, there certainly is a duty we carry as children of God to help others out. We among others are that light on a hill, and we need to give that same light to all that are in the house.

We definitely saw an increase in added blessings from God this past week than last one. Of course, there's no such thing as wasted effort in the Lord's kingdom! For starters, Alva and Bev came to church! We had really been trying to encourage them to come, and on Thursday we talked with them and asked if they would mind doing a church tour first. They accepted, and so the next evening we got the relief society president and her husband to come with us for that. They were outstanding! Alva and Bev loved it as well, they were very appreciative. And Lo and behold, they were there on Sunday! They were only able to be there for Sacrament meeting, but Bev loved the fact that the children were allowed to be in the chapel during the meeting. I forgot to mention, but before that, Alva expressed to us that he wanted to be baptized, and they are continuing to be an outstanding couple!

Go humanity!

To make it better for them, we had an RM homecoming yesterday. It was funny though, later on during 3rd hour, we were talking to the Dutchers, who were sitting in front of them. Bev told us that she really loved the boys who sat in front of her, and that shocked Sis. Dutcher quite a bit, since her sons could be quite rambunctious at times. She was very proud of them for setting that example.

The rest of last week was done in majority, actually, doing service. Of course, there was a good amount of proselyting and door-knocking (which had a good impact as well!), but we spent a good amount of time helping folks out. Matter of fact, we helped the same Dutchers rip some of their old roofing off. Well, I guess we should say we de-constructed the tar-paper/shingle lining they rolled off the roof. According to mission health code we can't climb more than 3 pegs on a ladder. Yeah, I know. I'd like to meet the missionary whose incompetence made that rule sometime.

One fun story, we were tracting down in the trailer parks again, and I noticed that someone had an old Bronco parked in their yard. Of course I had to knock it. My trying to start a conversation with them about my Bronco project didn't avail anything. Matter of fact, I think they were more obliged to closing the door as soon as I talked about something other than the Gospel. Ironic! I just wanted to talk cars, but ok...

Also coined a new fun term! Meowled: v. d;getting surrounded by cats and having the fear of getting mauled by them. I'll explain the origin of that one later...

But you know, other than that, nothing else has happened much. I guess it was a good, slower week. Being a District Leader was not as hard as I feared it would be. Kind of feels like my AS-III year again. But I appreciate you prayers anyway! I love you guys and hope that you can have the best for your endeavors. 

I would love to talk to you more, but we are bingo on time, but I love you all! Very, very much!


Elder Camit




I believe Michael took a picture of this plaque in someone's home.  It is a poem that we used to recite together when the task at hand seemed hard, tedious, or just boring.  I'm glad that he remembers it!

No comments:

Post a Comment